Saturday, July 27, 2013

You get a hat! You get a hat! You get a Humpback Whale, I mean, You get a hat!

So, I've been busy since I last posted. Mostly studying and such, but I did manage to finish a knitting project that a friend of mine commissioned me to do. She requested a yellow hat that was "slouchy."

Oddly enough, when she asked me to make her a hat, I forgot to ask her what color she wanted the hat to be.  I was at the yarn store trying to pick something and realized that I had no idea what color she wanted, so I texted her. In the meantime, I wanted to get something because I was running late for knit night, so I thought about her, and her style, grabbed some yellow yarn (she has beautiful red hair and wears lots of bright colors, including yellow) and left. While I was at knit night, she texted me back with the yellow and slouchy requirements. I felt pretty awesome, I must say.

So here is me, wearing the hat.

Please ignore my badly framed and styled photo :-\
 The pattern is Icing Swirl Hat by Ysolda Teague. So very cute, and it looks better now that I have blocked it (it is not blocked properly in the above picture, sorry!). I used Vickie Howell's Sheepish yarn for this hat. Here's a linky! to my ravelry page about this project.

I also finished The Robin's Egg Blue Hat, which I think is super cute! This one's for me.
Super stylin'
This one was Lamb's Pride Bulky, and linky! to my ravelry. And I was very excited, I found an extra American Eagle Outfitters button from a jacket that I have for the button band. So yay. Free button!

I leave for the bar exam the day after tomorrow. I shall have exciting stories. Not really, nothing exciting ever really happens, unless someone loses it or faints or something. And I really hope that doesn't happen because it is really distracting. And I feel like a horrible person for saying it, but there is literally nothing you can do, because you don't get extra time unless it is something like a fire, or electricity out. And the paramedics and proctors take care of it, but you can't help but feel like there is something you should be doing. How do I know, you ask? Well, let me tell you. When I took the bar in Florida (my first time) a girl about three rows back stood up to go to the bathroom or something, and promptly passed out on the floor. Paramedics had to take her to hospital and it was just very strange all around. I felt bad, but what can you do. Soldier on, I guess.

Anyway, I think I've found the next pattern that I would like to knit: Tucked Buttonband Cardigan from knit.wear.
Super cute!
I have some orange yarn from last fall's Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool that I want to knit before this year's Rhinebeck, and I think that this would make the perfect Rhinebeck sweater.

Also, my mother will think that I am nutso if I go to Rhinebeck again and have not knitted with the yarn that I bought there last year.

That's about all that I can think of, except to ask for good wishes on my trip. Oh, one last thing, I cannot recommend My Fitness Pal enough for tracking food and exercise! I've lost over 10 lbs since I started using it. It keeps me very honest about what I eat and the exercise that I do. Making myself see the calorie count of a Frappuccino or Dunkin' Donuts morning sandwich really makes me think twice about it.

So that's it, I'm pretty sure. I'll see you later sometime, possibly after the bar, maybe before. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment