Sunday, July 21, 2013

Post 1 of Many to come

Soooooo, here goes nothing . . . again.

I've tried blogging before and sometimes it works out for a while, and sometimes it does not work out at all.

I have a new goal, though, so maybe this will stick. I am going to begin training for our local triathlon. The one I plan on doing will be next summer. I figure, I want to have a goal, but I am also realistic, and I know that I have a long way to go before I could even dream of doing an entire tri.

So for now, I have started swim training, every morning I swim for an hour with my workout buddy, Leslie. Who is the epitome of awesome for putting up with my only-barely-caffeinated self every morning.

I also cycle several times a week, and once I finish studying for the bar (oh yeah, there's that in there too), then I'm going to start running training as well.

So that's the plan then.


some flowers seen on a recent hike in the woods

About me: I'm 26 years old (almost 27), I currently weigh 258 lbs. and I'm 5'8" tall. So, like I said, good way to go before I'll be ready for a triathlon, but I'm getting there.  Also, I'm keeping track of everything on myfitnesspal.com, where I am rst4091, so feel free to come say hi there!


The hills where I cycle - feel the burn!

I hope that anyone reading enjoys my travails as I work towards my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment